Monday, November 10, 2008

Holy Ears Batman


Ashayl asked me to take her to get her ears pierced this week. We set aside time to do this on Saturday. She waited a year before she was ready. We have told all our girls they could have their ears pierced once they were 8 years old.


I was surprised to see a line at the store of girls getting their ears pierced. One girl had the single hole near the top of her ear, another was getting the traditional single hole (both ears) and started crying once she sat in the chair. She was a year older than Ashayl so I'm thinking oooh this might be hard for my tender Ashayl. I learned long ago it is only as bad as mom or dad make it seem so I kept the jovial face and wispered to Ashayl - she looks like she's afraid, I don't think it's that bad. Ashayl nodded.


Ashayl sat right down when it was her turn, a little nervous but no tears before or after. I held up the mirror right away so she could see everything that was happening up to the spike in the lobe.


She is so proud of herself and likes her earings a lot. She tells everyone to wash their hands (instructions from the person that did her ears) before touching her earrings.


It was special to me that she only wanted dad to go with her.


No comments: